Click here to see more pictures.
Here are some tips and comments that we collected at the party from various members:
- Plant brussels sprouts early [and someone added: take off the top of brussels sprouts plants to force them to bush out]
- I can plant indoors in my apartment!!
- Today I figured out, you're better off investing in indoor grow lighting instead of humidity control!
- If you plant garlic in the fall, make sure to cover it with straw so it doesn't get frozen and thawed
- Dry years - keep watering [and someone else added: especially broccoli and cauliflower!]
- Bugs like eating holes in the leaves - use organic homemade remedies
- If you're growing potatoes make sure to mound the dirt around almost daily so they don't get sunburnt! Once they do they are too bitter to eat!
- Think outside the box! It's not supposed to be rows!
- Putting sulfur on blueberries increases growth and production